Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grilled Orange Seasome Chicken with veggies

Soo I lied. Sorry. No special project today. I got started on it and realized that it seriously is impossible without photos. So it is on the back burner for the time being. BUT I did come across the recipe today at http://www.marthastewart.com/ It looks so yummy!




I'm posting it so that I remember where to find it! And yes family, I promise I WILL make this one! :) It doesn't list any nutritional information on the recipe, but it sounds healthy. Plus, it was under the healthy recipes in whole living (and Martha wouldn't lie - would she?!) All in my sneaky plan to try to get everyone in the Smith home to eat a little healthier! I just ordered Jessica Seinfeld's book on Amazon today.

I can't wait to sneak in the veggies! Andy if you are ready this... I was just kidding. :) Order yourself a copy. Or try the Sneaky Chef. (next on my list!)






Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken



Ingredients
Serves 6
3 oranges
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
2 pounds (2 bunches) asparagus, trimmed
6 small (1 3/4 to 2 pound) zucchini, cut on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions
Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); set aside. Of the remaining 2 oranges, remove zest of 1 and juice of both; place zest and juice in a glass bowl. Add lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and mustard; whisk. Slowly whisk in sesame oil; set aside.
Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick. Place chicken in a glass bowl; pour half reserved vinaigrette over chicken. Coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 to 2 hours.
Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Coat asparagus and zucchini with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill vegetables and reserved orange wedges until tender. Remove chicken from marinade; season with remaining teaspoon salt; discard marinade. Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through. Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with remaining reserved vinaigrette.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for spending time with me! :)